When emailing a website update request to us, we only need a few simple things:
- The page or file you need updated.
- The information or file that needs to be added and/or changed.
- Any details to help explain potential complications.
Try this format:
Website URL: http://www.yoursite.com/page.html
Change Needed: Please replace the first paragraph with the text below.
NEW TEXT HERE
Acceptable File Formats (Text)
Plain text embedded in email
Acceptable File Formats (Images)
Some tips for sending requests to make the process go smoothly and efficiently:
- Don’t send text with lots of formatting other than bold, italics, underline, paragraphs and links. Avoid the use of tables in your Word documents.
- Always send files from which we can cut and paste text — no scanned PDFs
- Make sure any handwriting on documents is legible and only for typos. Full sentences should be typed out in an email or file.
- Don’t embed images in Word documents or PDFs. Send separately.
- If you have a lot of changes to a single document, go ahead and send us a replacement for everything.
- If you have just some small changes, only send those rather than a replacement document.
If you ever have questions, be sure to contact us and we will be happy to help!